cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie and line speed question

richster
Grafter

Newbie and line speed question

Hi,  first time plus netter, not new to online tho, what im wondering is, what upload speed am i going to get on the 20mb package? im curious because id like it as high as can be, the telephone exchange is a short walk accross the road from here so im not worried about downloads being slower but uploads for hosting online games and when there is 3 of us all playing different games and hosting im looking at what can be possible evn if i have to pay an extra couple of quid a month.
Hit me Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Newbie and line speed question

By default the upload is limited to 448kb/s but you can ask for the limit to be removed allowing as high a speed as your line (with ADSL2+ Annex A) will allow.  There is an Annex M version giving significantly higher upload at the expense of some download but that is not available on the PlusNet product.
With the limit removed you may get around double the limited upload, many get over 1Mb/s
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
richster
Grafter

Re: Newbie and line speed question

its that easy then? wow thanks, its not turned on until maybe next week but i'll raise the ticket! im impressed already