cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user problem, no ADSL connection being detected

AK28

New user problem, no ADSL connection being detected

Hello, I am new to plusnet and just had my broadband "activated" yesterday. However I am unable to establish any kind of internet connection with my wireless router. I'm quite familiar with networking hardware and I have exhausted the broadband troubleshooter to no avail.
My wireless router: Netgear DG834GT
I read that my router is compatible with Plusnet broadband, and I'm sure it hasn't got a fault because I've been using it for many a year with no problems.
I logged into the router's IP address and entered the login details and connection settings correctly, but my router still does not detect an internet connection. There is no DSL light appearing on the LED display either.
I have tried switching microfilters and modem cables, using the master switch and test socket, resetting the router/laptop, but nothing seems to be working. My phone line is fine, I don't hear anything unusual on it. I am yet to hear back from plusnet either.
Please could someone help me with this, as I'm running out of my pre-paid wifi pass and really wanted my broadband connection to be up and running by now  Embarrassed
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: New user problem, no ADSL connection being detected

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that your broadband is not working yet, I've checked over your account and the broadband side of things have completed OK. I ran some tests which have indicated a phone line fault which will more than likely be the cause of your broadband not working.
I've raised this with our suppliers and am now awaiting an update, when we receive this we'll be in-touch.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
AK28

Thanks Chris. Please could you let me know the situation asap.
AK28

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi there,
Sorry to hear that your broadband is not working yet, I've checked over your account and the broadband side of things have completed OK. I ran some tests which have indicated a phone line fault which will more than likely be the cause of your broadband not working.
I've raised this with our suppliers and am now awaiting an update, when we receive this we'll be in-touch.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hey, just thought I'd update you on the situation.
The Openreach engineer came and fixed the phone line, so my phone and broadband are working which I'm relieved about.
I'll let you know if I run into any other problems, but so far looks good. Thanks for your help.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad to hear, let me know if anything changes.