cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to plusnet

scubasteve
Dabbler

New to plusnet

First of all I'm new to plusnet (Hi to everyone :)) and my broadband went live today. Initial impression is good with a speed almost double of that of BT. My telephone line is to be swapped over on the 4th December. Sorry if it's been answered before. ok, so as from today my broadband is no longer Supplied by BT (although my telephone still is) do I have to contact BT and cancel my broadband? I don't want to risk BT prematurely disconnecting my line but then again I don't Want to pay BT more than I have to. Cheers in advance Steve.
4 REPLIES 4
jaseace1978
Grafter

Re: New to plusnet

No you shouldn't have to at all as when you migrated from BT to PN you should have supplied BT with a MAC code so there should be no need for you to have to ring them to cancel them as this should have been done during the switch. if you want peace of mind for yourself feel free to ring them but there really is no need.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the community forum, always nice to have a new face Smiley
Glad to see that everything is going well with your broadband, we do contact BT and will inform them of the transfer, which would normally cease your line and services with them. It would depend on if you have any contract with them that you are tied too?
If any customer is to leave us then we would automatically cancel the account, I would say for peace of mind to contact them to confirm that this will be the case.
I hope this helps, if there's anything else please let me know.
Chris

scubasteve
Dabbler

Chris, thanks for that.
scubasteve
Dabbler

Sorry, thanks to jaseace1978 also. Embarrassed