cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to plusnet.

scubasteve
Dabbler

New to plusnet.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section as it is not a technical issue. OK, so my broadband started on 20th November and my telephone switched on 4th December (pleased to report both services are ok) I received written confirmation from BT(my previous provider) acknowledging my telephone switch over date(with no information given from me) so had obviously been informed by plusnet. Because broadband wasn't mentioned in the BT correspondence  I personally wrote informing BT that my broadband was being taken over on the 20th November, I received telephone acknowledgement of this letter (no written proof). My question is would plusnet have also informed BT of the broadband switch. The reason for this is I've received several emails from BT one of which inferred that they were still providing my broadband. On telephoning BT their system showed that they were still providing my broadband. Because the BT bill is paid in advance my last payment should cover the switch over period, taking bt's 14day cancellation notice period into account but I suspect BT are going to dispute certain dates (namely the 20th November broadband switch) to try and extort more money from me. Cry
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New to plusnet.

Hi scubasteve,
We don't need to inform the losing ISP about a migration over to our services as that should be automatically flagged up at their side AFAIK. However I always advise customers to tell their old provider to avoid any billing issues.
If it helps I can send a ticket from your account to you confirming the date you migrated to us and the reference for the order used to do that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scubasteve
Dabbler

Cheers Adam, I'll wait and see what BT come back at me with and obtain any written proof if it escalates into any kind of a dispute. I do have all the plusnet email correspondence to also offer up should things get out of hand.
Regards Steve.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I can't imagine you'd have too much difficulty chasing this up but I'll be able to arm you with more info in case it's needed Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team