Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet, but no Net

puddy
Grafter

Re: New to Plusnet, but no Net

Quote from: scriptn
I leave the router with the bt test details in most of the time,

I thought it would be better to just leave your plusnet login and password in.  The BT test site is down quite often due to being overloaded
Why are just using BT test site details instead of plusnet login and password?
puddy
scriptn
Dabbler

I've changed the router to use my plusnet login as usual and will test with the test logins once a day instead. The reasoning behind leaving it on the test login was that once the problem of connecting to the BT RAS was resolved, that would start succeeding and it would connect, whereas if there were additional problems with authenticating indirectly with plusnet, I wouldn't notice the difference between the whole PPP layer failing and any failed authentications that easily.
puddy
Grafter

what is the url of the BT test site you are using?
puddy
scriptn
Dabbler

The modem isn't even connecting with the BT test login details, so I can't really access any URLs. The modem is sync'ing with the local exchange, but attempts to establish the PPP connection time out for some unknown reason.
scriptn
Dabbler

Woohoo! Finally! Engineer came over, confirmed there was nothing wrong here. Popped down to the exchange (3rd engineer to go there) made sure everything was fine there, called a guy in Leeds, fixed it in five minutes, said there'd been problems in the area.
I'm still curious why it took so long- it certainly seems that it's BT being lazy and PlusNet's been stuck trying to get them to pull their finger out. As far as I'm concerned, it's BT who should be reimbursing me. Shame it doesn't work that way.