Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet and some help required.

nabs44

New to Plusnet and some help required.

Hi Guys,
Looking for a bit of help,
I have recently transferred over from BE to Plusnet and have just had FTTC installed. All is set up and working fine.
However........
I should have in the next few days a FRITZ!Box 7390 and would like replace the BT supplied modem and Plusnet supplied router.
For those that have the FRITZ!Box can someone point me in the right direction of the required settings and how this needs to be set up?
Any help that can be provided would be appreciated. I did a search of the forum but could not find anything that would assist.
Many Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: New to Plusnet and some help required.

You might find this thread http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/FRITZ-Box-Fon-WLAN-7390/td-p/322365 about using the 7390 with BT infinity ( which is FTTC ) useful. Just use your normal PlusNet username and password in place of the BT ones.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I use a 7390 with PN Fibre.
It can either be connected to the OR modem or, as I do, direct to the VDSL line.  For this you need to set (Internet > Account Information page) Connection, select 'Connecting to a DSL Line', Account Information, Is account information required? Select 'Yes' and enter your plusnet username ???@plusdsl.net and your password.  Then click on 'Change connection settings' and under 'Internet Connection ' select 'Maintain permanently (recommended for flat rates) ', tick the 'Use VLAN' box and enter 101 as the VLAN ID, under 'DSL ATM Settings' select 'Set manually', leave 'VPI' set to 1 and 'VCI' set to 32 but ensure that you select 'PPPoE' under 'Encapsulation' (this setting will 'disappear' if you go back to this section and you will need to re-select it - it's a bug in the firmware), finally tick 'Check the Internet connection after "Apply" has been clicked ' then hit the 'Apply' button after which you'll get a couple of dialogue boxes (can't remember exactly what they say but pretty obvious stuff).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
nabs44

Fritzbox 7390 turned up this afternoon. Connected direct to VDSL and followed the information that w23 left and all is good.
Many Thanks for the help !
w23
Pro

Don't forget to put your OR modem away safely just in case you need to re-install it in the event of a line fault / engineer visit. Smiley
If you need (or want) to connect the FB to the OR modem via EWAN it's recommended that you factory reset the FB and start the configuration afresh.
Glad the instructions were good.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
SoFarSoGood
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi
Just a thought, but is 'username@plusdsl.net' correct for FTTC?
w23
Pro

Yes, it still connects via DSL (VDSL2 in the case of FTTC).
Call me 'w23'
wazzak

W23 suggestions saved and printed. I had a connection to the exchange but nout else. Plusnet tech support toed the company line with 'can not help you with an unsupported router the FritzBox 7390' Angry After a couple of half hour waits in the q to speak to them, still no further I tried W23's suggestion. BINGO all working without a problem. A BIG THANKS MAN. Smiley
Regards
Ian
w23
Pro

Glad to be of help and welcome to the forums Smiley
Call me 'w23'