cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet & no broadband since switching on 16.12.11

sunlover

New to Plusnet & no broadband since switching on 16.12.11

After numerous problems with Orange I thought switching to Plusnet would be an end to hours wasted on the telephone talking to people I couldn't understand!!!!  No such luck, my broadband was switched over on the 3.12.11 and the phone on the 16.12.11 but since the 16th December I've had no broadband at all. 
Plusnet sent out a telephone engineer who said the same as 5 previous telephone engineers sent by Orange, namely that the telephone line was working fine and a broadband engineer should have been sent.
It is back to the same old, same old, we can arrange for a broadband engineer to visit between 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. or  1 p.m. - 6 p.m. -had enough of this with Orange who kept sending telephone engineers who all said the line was fine but they couldn't fix the problem as it needed a broadband engineer.
I can't keep taking 5 hours off work to sit around waiting for what would probably turn out to be yet another telephone engineer who doesn't know how to sort it out.
When will these companies realise not all of us can take time off from a very busy working day to sit around half the day waiting for engineers. 
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New to Plusnet & no broadband since switching on 16.12.11

Hi sunlover,
I've had a word with our faults lead about this and one of our senior faults agents is taking ownership of this. I've explained your situation and he will call you once he starts work on it.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI sunlover,
Just an update. The faults guy has tried to call you a couple of times and has left messages.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI sunlover,
Looks like we've booked the engineer for Tuesday PM.
Jojo Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

A colleague of mine on the faults team has just let me know that the fault appears to be fixed as we can see that you've been online for over 24 hours now. Don't hesitate to let us know if you experience any further issues with that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team