cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PlusNet wanting to upgrade

TeresaAskew

New to PlusNet wanting to upgrade

Good afternoon
We moved to Plus Net fibre on 9th November, however, we underestimated how much we would be wanting to download with our new fast broadband and this led to us being 1GB under our 40GB limit on 10th November.
I instantly went online to upgrade our package only to realise that we couldn't do this until the 5th December as they won't/can't change packages over part way through a billing period, instead we have to pay £5 for 5GB of download instead.
This is a ridiculously expensive way of getting extra download especially since I work from home on a number of days a week and as such rely heavily on the internet.
I have since called after seeing on a thread on here that accounts have been upgraded on an adhoc basis only to be told by the telephony operator that they had that priveledge taken away from them a couple of months ago so there really is nothing tha they can do to help us.
I realise that the error was ours but had we had it spelled out at the beginning that if we were to go over the limit we would be held to ransom for extra usage we would have gone for the larger package in the first place.
I am truly dissapointed with Plusnet and the 'customer journey' that I have experienced so far in the week that we have been with them and would certainly not, at this point, recommend them to anyone which is a shame as the people that I've spoken too have all been lovely it's just the dumb policies that are in place that have so far spoiled our first week with plusnet.
Regards
Teresa
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New to PlusNet wanting to upgrade

I'm sorry to hear about that issue and that you feel that way.
In case you are unaware usage is not monitored between midnight and 8am so that may help with this situation until we're able to upgrade you.
Are you aware of how to monitor your usage too?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NedLudd
Grafter

39 gigs in one day! Phew!!! Cry
Geoff,
York.
TeresaAskew

We've been using the overnight service to download things such as software etc but I can't use this when I work from home as my hours are 8.30am to 4.30am because I need to liaise with other colleagues.
The 39gb usage in one day was due to my brother who was visiting who got really excited about the high speed and thought that he would down load a 'few' films!  Needless to day we're not that happy with him  Undecided