Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plus BB with questions

FIXED
harrym1byt
Rising Star

New to Plus BB with questions

Hi,

I'm still waiting for my BB account to be activated (ex- Tiscali/ Talktalk), but a few questions whilst I wait....

1. I made a muck of my username during signing up, in that I didn't realise it would be part of my email address - like this name@USERNAME.plus.com - is there a workaround or can it be changed please? I would usually choose an email address with USERNAME@plus.com

2. I got a SamKnows whitebox a while ago. Will this continue to work, do any setting on it need to be changed?

3. We have had a good stable connection speed with TT (close to exchange) - is there any reason to suppose this might change with Plus? 

6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: New to Plus BB with questions

TT will be using a LLU connection with their own kit at the exchange; PN obviously use Openreach; check line capability at:

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Others may respond re Sam Knows.

If PN have already set up your username, you won't be able to modify, and it won't be with suffix shown,
but with your chosen username in front of "+++@XXXX.plus.com"

+++ can be anything you like.

harrym1byt
Rising Star

Having read a few mentions of PN reneging on the £50 Cashback and having seen it on the site whilst signing up, but no mention of it since - I thought it best to ring PN and have them check I would be entitled to it. They confirmed the Cashback was part of my deal.

They also confirmed I was stuck with the username part included in my email address, unless I closed my contract and reopened it. Wish I had realised that when signing up 😞

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

They also confirmed I was stuck with the username part included in my email address, unless I closed my contract and reopened it. Wish I had realised that when signing up 😞

Sorry that you hadn't realised this, I believe this is called out during the signup journey at the point you select your username.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
harrym1byt
Rising Star

I have been in touch with SamKnows and they say their database will pickup automatically on the fact that I have changed ISP's.  

harrym1byt
Rising Star

@harrym1byt wrote:

Having read a few mentions of PN reneging on the £50 Cashback and having seen it on the site whilst signing up, but no mention of it since - I thought it best to ring PN and have them check I would be entitled to it. They confirmed the Cashback was part of my deal.

Just to let you know PN honoured the £50 cashback offer and their cheque arrived this morning. The suggestion was that you needed to be with them 30 days, before they would send the cheque, then it might take a further 30 days. We have only been with them since the 8th of Nov..

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Chris wrote:

Sorry that you hadn't realised this, I believe this is called out during the signup journey at the point you select your username.

@Chris Yes, I believe it is, but the number of times this problem crops up in the forum suggests it should be more prominent.

Thinking back to when I signed up, I was aware because I was recommended by an existing customer. I don't think it would have occurred to me otherwise that a username - presumably just to sign onto the website - would have any connection to my email address.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)