Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: New to Fibre

Hi,
Yours is:
Downstream Speed:12.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed: 0.6 Mbps
I think this is why we need to take a look at your line to be honest.
grizedale
Grafter

Erm I think I would agree, just taken me over 10 minutes to send a 7mb doc to work...frustrating to say the least.
grizedale
Grafter

Just a heads up in lieu of you getting the engineers report, it would seem this is the best I am going to get, a distance of 1.2k from the cabinet being the likely reason...
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi grizedale,
Thanks for the update. Our Faults team will pick up the ticket as soon as possible and they'll re-test your line and close the fault if the issue has been resolved. If you have any further updates for our Faults team please update Ticket: 86619116.
grizedale
Grafter

If it is the case that it this is the best I am going to get, and it is looking that way, then I will be looking to reverting back to ADSL as I will not be happy paying an extra £10 for 3MB increase which I'm sure you can understand.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can understand that completely. If that's what you'd like to do, if you give our Customer Options Team a call, they will discuss this with you and get something sorted out for you.
grizedale
Grafter

Will do, cheers Chris, do you have the number please?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sure, I should have posted it, sorry!
0800 013 2632.
grizedale
Grafter

No worries, should I wait as my question is still open saying ' Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.' since 1.05pm yesterday...
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I would wait, it can take up to 48-72 hours from the ticket coming off hold for it to be updated further, but at least you have the number and we'll get you sorted out one way or the other.
grizedale
Grafter

Chris
Can you check and see if this is going anywhere as I want closure, speeds remain the same, the engineer has confirmed that there is not a hope that I could possibly receive any higher speeds owing to the distance I am away from the cabinet and a direct debit has just gone out for £19.99 for a service that is no different to the one I was paying £9.99 for. What are they rechecking/retesting for?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Our Faults Team are challenging our suppliers to see if there is anything else we can do to increase your speeds. We're just awaiting to hear back from them.
grizedale
Grafter

Cheers Chris