cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Fibre

grizedale
Grafter

New to Fibre

I have been upgraded to Unlimited Fibre as of 10am this morning which all went very smoothly thank you.  When can I expect to get any sort of fibre speeds?  Doing a quick wireless speed check I am currently getting...
Download speed achieved during the test was - 10.9 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 8.57 Mbps-12.25 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 12.25 Mbps
Current line speed check
Phone exchange:
BISHOP AUCKLAND
Estimated line speed:
19Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-05-23 17:09:03
Current line speed:
40 Mb
27 REPLIES 27
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: New to Fibre

Hi grizedale,
The speeds that you've obtained following the installation do look quite a bit lower than we would have wanted. Your line will be on an open profile for 2 days, speeds may increase from where they are between now and then.
If your speeds are still low after this, can you please raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net and we'll take a look at the line further for you?
grizedale
Grafter

Thanks Chris, I will do...
FYI I have just  done a BT Performance test
Download 11.89
Upload 0.43
Ping 42.00
grizedale
Grafter

Just for info, results this morning are
Download 11.74
Upload 0.40
Ping 37.38
Further Diagnostics
grizedale
Grafter

There has been no change so I have raised a fault at the link given
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for doing that. Our Faults Team aim to get back in touch within 48-72 hours from the time you raised the Fault.
grizedale
Grafter

Thanks for responding Chris, as of this morning nothing has changed, getting a little miffed as my reason for upgrading to fibre was for the upload speeds for work purposes, currently I had better or similar upload speed on Broadband so hope something shows up.  If it looks like there is nothing can be done am I able to revert back to broadband?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If nothing can be done, our Faults Team will have a chat with you regarding this and will most likely pass you to our Customer Options Team to see what we can do for you with regards to moving back to ADSL.
grizedale
Grafter

Don't know if relevant to current issues but checked my router event logs after doing a reboot and it looks like up to the reboot it was set at Jan 1, the reboot reset it to current date...
grizedale
Grafter

Latest stats, no change...any thoughts?
grizedale
Grafter

I have a BT Home Hub 3, any harm/point in giving that a try rather than the one from you guys?
kgk86
Grafter

If the HH3 is from a previous BT connection it will most likely be locked to BT, so no it won't work.
Did the engineer install a new faceplate?
What are the estimates from https://www.dslchecker.bt.com
Also I noticed in your first post you mentioned wireless, not that it would make much difference but have you tried plugging directly into the router with an ethernet cable and disabling the wireless on your laptop/pc?
grizedale
Grafter

Hi
My HH3 is the what I have been using for my Plusnet ADSL for the past year so not locked to BT
Yes to new faceplate.
dslchecker results

I have been on ethernet cable since later the same day of installation.so all conseqent results are wired
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I would raise a fault with us at http://faults.plus.net so we can look at what the possibilities are at getting your speeds improved.
grizedale
Grafter

Chris
Fault was raised on the 4th, 86619116
You responded in post #5 above
I notice from similar posts that you give some figures as to what you are seeing from cabinet etc...Quote from another post
I've taken a look at your line and you're connected to the Fibre Cabinet at full 80/20 speeds ad your line is completely error free. Your speed profiles are all set correctly.

What do you get for mine?