cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New subscriber, no braodband

bevs

New subscriber, no braodband

I have been a Plusnet customer previously, with no problems whatsoever, however I recently moved and have signed up with Plusnet again for a phone and broadband. As I had a router I didn't see any point in getting a new one. Everything went 'live' yesterday after waiting a week since the line was installed, green lights are showing for broadband and wifi, red light for internet. So effectively nothing is working. The router is a TG582n.
The Plusnet website is shocking as you cannot find a telephone number to contact a technical person, the 'contact us' buttons on the website are inactive. Eventually when I did find a number, got through to be told the waiting time is about 45 minutes. The Troubleshooter also didn't help to identify my problem.
I would like some help PLEASE.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New subscriber, no braodband

There are two possible causes which spring to mind
The router settings - account login username@plusdsl.net and account password aren't correct
The account hasn't been activated on the Plusnet side
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The account is definitely active, the line seems to be connected at a very good speed too.
However the authentication details are set wrong, they seem to have your old username in still as Oldjim suggested.
I may be able to sort that from here, but it'll need a factory reset of the router from your side to push the new details through.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bevs

Hi Chris, have you been able to resolve anything on your side? Let me know what I have to do for the factory reset, if that is needed.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

On the back of the router there is a pin hole, you need to use something to push this in for around 10 seconds and then just wait for 5-10 minutes. I'm hopeful this will get you online.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bevs

Thanks so much Chris, that appears to have worked. Can't tell you how happy I am 
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear you're back online.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team