cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New service, v. slow (almost nothing)

Jp12rfl
Hooked

New service, v. slow (almost nothing)

Hi. My service went live on Thursday and was fine for the first two days (until Friday evening). From Saturday morning, it has been extremely slow, unusable. Too slow to properly load a speed test page.

I have tried multiple devices, both on wifi and plugged into the router. No differences. Router is plugged directly into the master socket and all that.

Phone/dialtone sounds normal, not the clearest but it never has been over the years.

The switchover was delayed and we were without internet for 22 days, so keen to get it up and running.

Many thanks,

Router info:

Your Plusnet adviser may ask you for the following information:
1 - Product name: Plusnet Router
2 - Serial number: N7192141B014731 
3 - Firmware version: 7.275.11_F2704N_Plusnet
4 - Board version: F@ST2704N
5 - Mode ADSL
6 - Uptime: 0 days 01:15:27 (I unplugged it today to move it to master socket)
7 - Data rate: 672/451
8 - Maximum data rate: 900/544
9 - Noise margin: 6.7/6.0
10 - Line attenuation: 43.0/60.5
12 - Data sent/received: 20.2M/205.9M
20 - Broadband username: ********@plusdsl.net
21 - Wi-Fi network/SSID: ********
22 - Wi-Fi connections: Enable(802.11 b/g/n(up to 144 Mb/s))20 MHz WPS enabled
23 - Wi-Fi security: WPA2
24 - Wi-Fi channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
25 - Firewall: Default
26 - MAC Address: ec:be:dd:2f:b3:82
27 - Software variant Version 1.0
28 - Boot loader: 7.275.11
2 REPLIES 2
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: New service, v. slow (almost nothing)

@Jp12rfl Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at http://faults.plus.net.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Jp12rfl
Hooked

Re: New service, v. slow (almost nothing)

Thanks - I've done that, but I'm not convinced things get sorted unless prompted directly - it took me three or four phone calls to get each step of my order moving, nothing happened until I specifically prompted it, literally every step of the way. That's not just plusnet, every ISP is like that really. But, still, waiting just means your case is ignored indefinitely.

I see some threads here have received line checks and whatnot, could someone do that on here? 99% likely to be a "flip a switch" fix at PlusNet's end, seeing as I had years of perfect service previously and this has happened just after changing, right?

Thanks,