cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router

Brettpearce

New router

Hi,

Please can anyone inform me how I would go about getting a new PlusNet DSL router and how much it would cost?

Many Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: New router

If you are out of contract you may be able to get one for the P&P cost if you ring and threaten to leave. You will also have to commit to a new contract.

I believe PN charge about £100. A better (in my opinion) second hand Modem/router can be picked up for about a third of that on Ebay.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello there.

We'd generally charge £40 + the postage fee of £6.99. However, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 [Selecting Option 1, then Option 2] as they may have other options for you.

As I type this, there is no wait time to get through to them and they are here until 8pm.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Gandalf To clarify I assume that £40 gets you a Hub 0? I assumed that any-one who wanted a new router would want a Hub 1, which is I believe, far superior and works perfectly well on ADSL as well a VDSL but not supplied with ADSL contracts. .

To my mind any-one looking for a new router would not want to 'upgrade' (excuse the sarcasm) to a Hub 0.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

To clarify I assume that £40 gets you a Hub 0? I assumed that any-one who wanted a new router would want a Hub 1, which is I believe, far superior and works perfectly well on ADSL as well a VDSL but not supplied with ADSL contracts.

That's correct.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Brettpearce,

A warm welcome to the forums.  I suppose the question one ought to ask is why do you think you need a new modem / router?  There is some possibility that you seek to address a problem ... which would not be fixed by a new router...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.