cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router, no internet

dunnstreet1

New router, no internet

Switching to plusnet from bt, received notification to switch to new router. Have followed instructions given in the booklet, and online troubleshooting guide but unfortunately still do not have internet access.

Have tried:
1) turning off router for 15 mins, turning on and leaving to connect for 15 mins
2) reset button for 20 seconds and try the above again
3) manually entering username and password through laptop browser connected to router via Ethernet cable
4) trying different DNS settings auto/google/plusnet
5) unplugged adsl cable and connected to bt test socket with microfilter and tried all of the above steps again.

Have now been on the phone to plusnet customer services for 1hr 15mins and counting and still not spoken to anyone! Missed the online chat opening hours by 5 mins earlier so phone was my only option. Also, I don't have internet ....
please help!
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: New router, no internet

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Is this ADSL or FTTC?

If FTTC, were you on FTTC with BT?

When was the service installed?

If at 23:05 you have been on the phone for 1hr15 it is possible that your call was stuck in the end of service queue - the residential support desk closes at 22:00.

Have you checked the phone for the presence of dial tone?  Is the line quiet?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I can see that you called in this morning and we gave some connection troubleshooting advice as despite the connection being activated yesterday diagnostics are showing the line to be out of synch. 

If the advice given doesn't help it would be a good idea to report a fault over at http://faults.plus.net 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dunnstreet1

Thanks for the suggestions - this is now fixed, I started the set-up process again but using a different adsl cable, and this seems to have fixed it all. Initially chose to use the cable from my old router as it's slightly longer, appears it's dead though!

Thanks again.