cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router- Plusnet staff pls read

unknownfate

New router- Plusnet staff pls read

Rather than phone and wait on hold thought I'd ask here first. Signed up for fibre and was sent a new router. Order status says it was a Netgear WNR1000 but what turned up was another Technicolor TG58n, not a huge issue but it does leave me short an Ethernet port. Yes I could compensate by using a switch but I wanted what Plusnet told me I'd receive Sad
jim:green Title corrected as it is nothing to do with us fortunately mod:end
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New router- Plusnet staff pls read

You will see I have corrected the title
However the reference to the Netgear was wrong as they have supplied the Technicolor for a long time now as shown by other posts on here - what staff do about it I have no idea
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: New router- Plusnet staff pls read

Hi unknownfate,
The routers that we supply are Technicolor 582n's we no longer provide the Netgear Routers. The component that was added to your account that orders the actual router was the Netgear component which appears to have caused some confusion.
As we only offer and are able to send out Technicolor routers, I'm not able to send out a Netgear router I'm afraid. As part of the regrade journey, you should have been made aware of the router we send out, however I can and do appreciate where the confusion has stemmed from.