cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member, router configuration settings.

ojconcentrate
Hooked

New member, router configuration settings.

Hello All,
I was advised by the customer services team to look on this forum for the settings i need to configure my router.
I'm moving from BE. I've decided not to use the standard issue modem provided by plusnet (speedstep/technicolor i believe) and use my own instead.
I searched the forum for the settings i need to use to have it setup when my service is enabled but i couldn't find it.
I use a Netgear DGND3300 (netgear settings a
On BE, my settings were as follows:
Multiplexing: LLC
VPI/VCI 0/102
Encapsulation: PPPoA
Username and passwords were blank
get ip automatic
Manual  DNS configuration (Open dns)

Are there equivalent settings for the plusnet service that i could have at hand to have my modem configured at the time of activation next week?
Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New member, router configuration settings.

Hi "ojconcentrate" - Welcome to the forum   Cool
You don't much setting up to get your DGND3300 running -
Encapsulation = PPPoA
Multiplex = VC
VPI = 0
VCI = 38
Your login name as shown in the Plusnet "Member centre"  (login required) - Connection Details
Your password
I would advise sticking with your DNS configured for OpenDNS and or GoogleDNS
Set everything else to default, dynamic, or auto, and it should connect.

Good luck  Smiley

I think it was a bit of a cheek for customer services not have told you your basic connection settings and then fobbed you off with asking here for help just because you are using your own modem/router !.  You are VERY welcome to ask as much as you like here on the forum,  but I think customer services could have tried a little harder !.  Perhaps the person involved needs 'recalibrating' ?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

The generalised settings can be found in the PN Help & Support pages here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ojconcentrate
Hooked

that is exactly what i was looking for. Thank you all and I look forward to the service being activated.