Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member - line speeds

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

New member - line speeds

Just had my Plusnet Option 2 account activated this am; All PCs up and running wirelessly on DLink 2640B; However I still appear to be on a fixed 2Mb line (as per BT Speedtester)
I thought that speed regrades happened at the same time as migrations???
Stats from DLink
            Downstream        Upstream
Rate (Kbps): 2272        288

SNR Margin (dB): 30.0  25.0
Attenuation (dB): 21.0          9.5
Output Power (dBm): 11.0  19.3
- I can also still log on to Orange using my old Livebox.(which was a fixed 2Mb line) - is this part of the problem?? Huh
Regards Dave
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: New member - line speeds

Dave,
I'll get the order placed to upgrade your speed now.
It should complete first thing on Monday morning.  I'm sorry this didn't happen as part of your order.
zubel
Community Veteran

Possibly, but one of the Comms team should be able to pick this up and find out.
I was always under the impression that migrations were on a like-for-like basis but apparently this changed at some point so all migrations should be "Maxed" by default.
However, it's easy enough to visit http://max.plus.net and request the Max upgrade.
Looking at your stats, I reckon you should be able to see the full 8128k (or 7616k with Interleaving applied) if you get Maxed.
B.
EDIT:  Jameseh got there before me.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

By God I'm impressed ! My last ISP didn't like EVER replying to emails and I couldn't afford to wait for the Unhelp line to reply!
Thanks very much both  Smiley
James
Grafter

Order placed Smiley
zubel
Community Veteran

Welcome to the Plusnet Community Smiley
B.
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: brewerdave
By God I'm impressed ! My last ISP didn't like EVER replying to emails and I couldn't afford to wait for the Unhelp line to reply!
Thanks very much both  Smiley

I agree - I've been with three ISP's and two other hosting companies over the last 10 years.
Most of them just seem to want you to use 0871 premium rate phone lines and wait for 15 minutes on hold.
I came here and saw that PN staff actively use the user Forum
That is SO valuable - I just wonder why other companies think they can offer such abysmal service.
Of course PM like any other company have problems, and complaints that fall in to gaps and cause problems, but it is how you recover from those situations that count too.
If I lived near Sheffield - I would seriously be watching their vacancies pages  Smiley