cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line, In Sync but no connection.

willfal6527
Dabbler

New line, In Sync but no connection.

New line installed on 14th.. Broadband connected (jumpered) in exchange yesterday afternoon... Netgear DG834G is in Sync but internet light is red.! Whats the hold up???
17 REPLIES 17
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New line, In Sync but no connection.

Either BT haven't finished all the jumpering or they have and haven't told Plusnet.
What was the date Plusnet advised that broadband would be enabled
Just a thought - have you set up the account details in the router
willfal6527
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
Either BT haven't finished all the jumpering or they have and haven't told Plusnet. Jumpering is complete, BT order is closed. it had a RBD of the 20 Aug.
What was the date Plusnet advised that broadband would be enabled anytime up until midnight off the 22nd aug
Just a thought - have you set up the account details in the router User name and password verified from email plusnet sent me

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

In which case ring Plusnet and see if they will activate it early
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@willfal6527
I've fully activated the account for you so it should be ready to connect now. Do beware that if there are any issues we won't be able to raise a fault with our suppliers until the order officially completes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
willfal6527
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@willfal6527
I've fully activated the account for you so it should be ready to connect now. Do beware that if there are any issues we won't be able to raise a fault with our suppliers until the order officially completes.

Thanks very much its working......... now for the sad bit.. When are you going to boot BT Wholesale's backside for connecting me to VP which is running HOT in my serving exchange.?????????????????????
There are multiple VP's and i have been connected to the VP which is the MOST over Subscribed.!!!
If it isnt obvious already i work for BT as an engineer...
So how long do i have to wait for you lot to sort this.??? 3rd September?Huh
willfal6527
Dabbler

Just so we're clear.. when i say over subscribed.... its bad.. 100-600k download between 5pm and midnight / 1am..
I live 200m from the exchange.. 800m cable route to the house.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm afraid the only way we'd be able to get that looked at is if you raised a fault (I guess this would most likely be regarding slow speeds in the evening) - if you could get it raised to us at http://faults.plus.net we can get it raised and push for an engineer visit to get the move sorted. If you let us know when it's been done we'll escalate it for you.
ETA: Unfortunately that won't be possible until tomorrow, as that's when the order is due to complete.
willfal6527
Dabbler

Quote from: Matt
I'm afraid the only way we'd be able to get that looked at is if you raised a fault (I guess this would most likely be regarding slow speeds in the evening) - if you could get it raised to us at http://faults.plus.net we can get it raised and push for an engineer visit to get the move sorted. If you let us know when it's been done we'll escalate it for you.
ETA: Unfortunately that won't be possible until tomorrow, as that's when the order is due to complete.

I have performed 1 off the 3 required tests this evening on speedtester.bt.com 220kbps Up was all i achieved.. i will continue to test each hour tonight.
Btw.. getting an engineer out is not going to help matters.. I am an openreach engineer.. I installed the line on the 14th aug.. i jumpered the ADSL on the 15 Aug.. I made sure that the line i provided to my house was perfectly balanced and clean. go check the PQT results uploaded from my JDSU tester.!!
This is a BTW problem. The VP i have been connected to has been massively over subscribed. YOU NEED TO GET IT SHIFTED TO A NEW VP!! I am paying for the top package with the PRO add on.. where’s my priority.!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi willfal6527,
Our faults team are dealing with this issue now and will press forward in getting this resolved. I have notified them of the issue's that you have stated. Your ticket #58965435 will be updated shortly and we will work to resolving this as soon as possible.
Please let me know if you need any further help or anything chasing up.
Chris
willfal6527
Dabbler

Do you have an update on this issue.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've chased this up for you. When you did your speed test's it appears some other services/applications were using bandwidth at the time of your test. Can you please rerun the speedtest again for me on a wired connection and advise me of the result and I follow this up.
Chris
willfal6527
Dabbler

Quote from: chrispurvey
I've chased this up for you. When you did your speed test's it appears some other services/applications were using bandwidth at the time of your test. Can you please rerun the speedtest again for me on a wired connection and advise me of the result and I follow this up.
Chris

So we are approaching 5pm when it all starts to go pear shaped.. 1.6 down on the test i just performed on a circuit which should be getting 6+meg
Will update with results from another test at 6pm.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that, yeah if you could let me know the when you have completed the next one too.
What make and model router are you currently using?
willfal6527
Dabbler

I m currently using a netgear DG834G V5
I have also tried a Linksys WRT54g with DDwrt firmware from my other (BT Employee) broadband connection at a different property.
I could if you really want me to, take home a plusnet supplied router (think its a Thompson) from the stock in my van which is used for Boost faults... i can assure you this will make no difference at all though.
dick:quote