cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre install

lancej
Dabbler

New fibre install

Hi guys, ok as topic says ive had plusnet fibre since 19th may, (was with BT fibre before) iam aware that i am still in my 10 day period and fluctuations will happen, the first 3-4 days speed was great just as i expected it to be , but having checked it again today its dropped to less then half what it was, thats some fluctuation, i never got this problem with BT a few MB/s here or there but not a drop of half the speed. So my question is has this happened to anyone else within 10 days?, as in more then half speed lost? or do i need to raise a ticket with plusnet?
cheers
Lance
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New fibre install

Assuming that your test is wired and that the results are similar when using the BT Speedtest - further diagnostics (to get the downstream IP profile) then you would need to raise a fault
Note that there isn't a 10 day period on fibre it starts as high as it can then monitors continuously
lancej
Dabbler

Hi jim thanks for the fast response i have tested on BT and yes it was a wired test and same result, so i guess i will need to have it looked at, here is the test result
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The next thing to check is the Plusnet copy of the profile https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed although given the horrible upload speed something has gone badly adrift
Is there any noise on the line - dial 17070 option 2 Quiet Line test
lancej
Dabbler

Thanks jim have done the line test, all seems fine no noise here are the stats from plusnet.
Estimated line speed:
    69Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-05-10 19:34:42
Current line speed:
    62.6 Mb
Oldjim
Resting Legend

in which case you need to raise a speed fault here https://faults.plus.net
lancej
Dabbler

Thanks for your help jim Smiley