cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fiber order

reid1234
Dabbler

New fiber order

Hi I ordered a new Fiber line to be installed last Thursday. I left it for a few days and nothing was changing on the order page. That was until a letter came in telling me that I needed to provide my Mac code from my old supplier, that explains why nothing was happening. I did provide my mac code into some automated box yesterday so wasn't able to ask what to expect next. I'm a little confused now what should happen next and when I should hear about a new installation date. When ordering last week I just chose the 3 closest dates for an activation as it allowed me to pick. Now in the week it's taken me to get the Mac code in I presume the closest date for an install will also have changed by about a week. This means I will need a new date. How do I go about doing this. Also today on the main page of the member center I saw this '
As you're paying by Direct Debit only, we'll progress your order once the Direct Debit instruction has been confirmed by your bank. This generally takes a maximum of 5 working days.' Will this delay again the date for which I can get my install date? I don't know why this hasn't been done in the last 8 days since I have ordered the product,  I really have no clue what should happen next. Can I change to paying by card just to get an install date sooner? 5 working days is another week to wait for no reason.
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: New fiber order

The Digital Care Team staff who respond in the forums work Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm so you might not get a staff response here before Monday. You would need to give the CSC a call (with potentially a long wait  Sad ) to progress this over the weekend.
David
reid1234
Dabbler

Thanks for letting me know about that. Hopefully another customer/person has been through the same things as me and can help me out. I'm just curious about how people were informed of the date of install for their fiber connection after providing a mac code. The thing about the direct debit turning up today seem's odd but I suppose I can live with that.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Are there any clues in closed service notices and tickets on your account?
You can find these at https://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?p=search. Select an appropriate date range (eg Closed Questions in the last 30 days) and click Go to see these.
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi reid1234,
I've checked your account and we've got an appointment booked for the 26th november 1pm-6pm.
From what I can see we emailed you on the 7th November requesting a MAC key and you provided this on the 14th, it then did take us a few days to pick this up.
Your direct debit is setup too so there's no need to change anything there.