cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New faceplate: Sync speed ruiend

FoolishlyWise
Grafter

New faceplate: Sync speed ruiend

When uninstalling a BT iPlate a couple of days ago for a fibre install on tuesday (17th), i managed to somehow break the faceplate (the hole where the screw goes went completley and it broke)  Cry
I replaced it with another faceplate (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280909476131?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649) - just the faceplate, not the bit that says "Openreach" on it.
My sync speed is now 2000-2500kbps, when it used to be around 4000kpbs. Earlier in the day, the router was switched off four or five times. Ive got the new faceplate installed, but the iPlate removed.
Im having fibre installed on tuesday. Will the lower ADSL sync affect it? Is it worth submitting a line reset considering im having fibre installed soon?
4 REPLIES 4
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: New faceplate: Sync speed ruiend

I don't understand why you touched it, given that the fibre install will replace the faceplate and do anything else that is necessary anyway, but my view would be to leave it.
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

I had actually snapped part of it before whilst wallpapering. Taking off the iPlate caused it to break outright (I had to take it off as I was fitting something close to it and the iPlate was in the way of running the cable.
EDIT: Tested in test socket: Sync is at its 4300kbps normal. Going to take a look at the new phone thats just been installed in the kitchen for some answers
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Have you got a filter on this new phone? Or could be a cheap filter.
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Now, as I am a complete retard, I forgot to plug in the filter at the new phone. I was too obsessed with it being mounted straight with a spirit level.
So, issue fixed. Sync back at 4500kbps.
@Anotherone: you are a legend. Cheers!