Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New equipment, sync rate increased

ashleywatkins
Dabbler

New equipment, sync rate increased

Hi,
I've installed a nice shiny new faceplate and disconnected the extension wiring since we don't use it. The router is now syncing at a much higher rate than previously (6k -> 10k).
I made this change a few days ago, and apart from a couple of disconnections due to me unplugging while moving furniture, I don't think there have been any line issues.
Does anyone know how long should I expect to wait before the ip profile updates?
Thanks!
Ash
7 REPLIES 7
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: New equipment, sync rate increased

Hi and welcome to the forums,
I'd expect that to have updated after a few days.
Unfortunately your forum username isn't bringing up an account on our systems at the moment, if you could post a recent ticket number on here or PM me your username for the account I will have a look for you now.
It might just need a bump on our side.
ashleywatkins
Dabbler

Thanks Scott, username emailled. I'm impressed by the speed of response!
ScottStorey
Pro

Brilliant, thanks for that. Just looking for you now.
You posted at the perfect time. Namely while it's raining and I don't want to wait in the rain for a bus to go home so sat on here instead!
[edit]
Just checked and the IP Profile is showing as 9.4Mbps and that is matched on our systems as well so that has all updated for you. What speeds are you receiving on a wired connection?
ashleywatkins
Dabbler

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=137503899319340436554
It's the same as before the change of equipment.
(up to 6.7meg)
ScottStorey
Pro

Hi Ash,
I've just forced the profile on our side to update, in case it got stuck for some reason at the old one as those speeds are pretty much exactly at the old profile.
If you could login to your router and perform a soft disconnect by clicking disconnect and then power down your router and leave it turned off for a few minutes. Power your router back on and wait for your DSL light to become stable and then click connect in your router.
Then if you could check your speeds at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com and if they are still low click on the button for "further diagnostics", input your telephone number where it asks for it and then clicking on "run diagnostic test". That will ensure we have a record of the speeds and can move forward with it for you if the speeds are still low.
ashleywatkins
Dabbler

9.2 meg, awesome :]
Thanks very much!
ScottStorey
Pro

Fantastic! Glad that is all sorted for you.