cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer to Plusnet upload speed question

Sfmike

New customer to Plusnet upload speed question

Hello,

I have recently created my plusnet account and ordered a unlimited broadband package. I am currently with Virg** media and leaving this month due to the upload fair usage caps. I was under the impression when buying my package it would be a reasonable speed to what I'm used to. As it stands I will have give or take 7mb and half a mb in upload speed.  The download speed I can deal with but the upload speed is way to slow for what I intend to do (Stream games online), I also watch a lot of movies online and 1080p t.v shows.
I am unable to receive fibre optic broadband yet so I intend to ring tomorrow and cancel if the date for the fibre is too far away.
My question is, since my account will be one day old will I be able to cancel my order and receive a refund for any costs that have gone out of my account?  I am unsure of the cool down period for Plusnet.
My second question is anyone else on Plusnet that streams online? What have your experiences been with streaming and online games with the Broadband unlimited package.
3 REPLIES 3
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: New customer to Plusnet upload speed question

I'm not clear what stage you're actually at?
You've ordered a PlusNet Unlimited ADSL service and it isn't yet installed?  You've just realised that ADSL speeds are very low compared to what you're used to?  
Not sure of the relevance of the 7.5Mbps upload speed?  Did you mean to write download?
If you haven't yet had ADSL installed then you can cancel without penalty, as per the terms and conditions here:
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Upload speeds can be uncapped on request and should give you in excess of 800kbps possibly as high as 1100kbps depending on line length
If you get 7Mb download then you should get over 1Mb upload
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Sfmike,
I can see you've spoken with our support team since you posted, if you've any other questions please let me know.