cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer telephone connected but not BB

la7
Dabbler

New customer telephone connected but not BB

I am switching over from tesco phone and broadband my line has now come across to plusnet and there is broadband & synced on the line but it will not let the broadband connect/ log in  i have put the correct user name and password in but in but it will not allow it to connect on my netgear for example it says something along the lines of LCP not allowed to come up?,
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New customer telephone connected but not BB

are you trying the Plusnet login or the Tesco login
la7
Dabbler

Trying the plusnet login
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there
Your broadband order is still going through on our suppliers systems at the moment.
The phone order completed in the last hour so i'd imagine the engineer is now working on swapping you over from your previous ISP's equipment.
This can take anytime up to midnight to complete and i'll keep a eye on it for you while i'm still in the office
Once this has been done and the order closed we should able able to get you online.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
la7
Dabbler

Ok thanks for that I have not long got in from work and went to make a phone call and the line was dead then it swapped over to plusnet,
So as you said work is still going on at the exchange,
Many thanks Matthew,
jim:quote
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Good news the order has completed!
I've got a colleague to activate your account and you should now be able to connect.
If you have any issues please let us know
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
la7
Dabbler

Hi good service all working now
I was with tesco for telephone and adsl I used to to get 5mb with them as we have virgin media in this town they use C&W / virgin for back-haul from the exchange,
Now I am with Plusnet I now get around 6.5mb down and the ping time are half of what they where with Tesco and web browsing is faster with plusnet now I am happy
I will keep my 20mb vsat satellite broadband connection until this area gets FTTP next year and go with plusnet for FTTP when superfast cymru roll it out
jim:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for letting us know, really glad to hear it's up and working (and faster than your previous service as well Smiley )
Hope things stay that way for you, please let us know if there's anything we can help with.