cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer's address not recognised - can't order fibre.

pentwyn
Grafter

New customer's address not recognised - can't order fibre.

My son is shortly moving into an apartment in Bath. He would like to sign up for Plusnet Fibre brodband and phone.
His flat number does not show up on BT's ADSL checker (flat only converted in the last couple of years), and Plusnet say (he phoned) they can only offer ADSL2, not fibre.
All the other flats in the building show up on the BT checker, and all have FTTC available.
I'm sure Plusnet would love a new customer, so how should he proceed please?
Thanks
Rhys
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: New customer's address not recognised - can't order fibre.

Hi Rhys,
Just to clarify, are you saying that the order journey does not identify the building or the flat or that in some checking system (by post code) for the specific building / flat FTTC availability is not showing?
There is a difference in the property not showing in any checking service and the checking service showing no FTTC for the specific building / flat.  The former is down to omissions from PAF (Post Office Address File) and the latter down to capacity / availability issues.  Adjacent properties can be served from different cabinets - one with and another without capacity / FTTC upgrade.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Rhys,
Do you mind passing me the address and anything else you may think to be necessary in a personal message?
It may require a little investigation so it's likely to be tomorrow that I respond if you don't mind  Smiley
Thanks a lot.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
pentwyn
Grafter

I've sent a PM to Matty with more details....
Thanks
Rhys
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for this.
I have responded to your most recent PM.
Let me know if your son signs up  Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet