cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, phone line activated but not broadband

steveny

New customer, phone line activated but not broadband

Hi
I realise that the support team are probably pretty busy today, but when somebody has a moment...
My phone line switched to Plusnet on 8th September as scheduled, and I received a text message to confirm this. My broadband was supposed to be activated by midnight on 9th September, but I have not had any confirmation of this.
Could somebody take a look and let me know when my broadband will be activated?
Thanks in advance, Steven
6 REPLIES 6
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: New customer, phone line activated but not broadband

Hi and welcome to the PN forum
There's a (very!) long standing issue about the wording of activation emails.  Believe it or not it actually means that the broadband should be activated before 00:01 on the 9th ie effectively sometime on the 8th.
You don't say, so I shall ask a potentially stupid question, but have you tried plugging your router in to see if the connection works?  If it doesn't work but the DSL light is lit it means that you have a working connection but that Plusnet haven't activated your account yet (another long standing gripe) and hopefully they'll see this thread and get on the case soon.
steveny

Hi, and thanks for the welcome!
Yes, I did wonder about the wording of the SMS that I received as to whether that actually meant the 8th or the 9th - so it is actually a couple of days overdue now.
I did try plugging it in out of interest and yes I have the green broadband light, but the internet light is flashing red, so just waiting for the Plusnet guys or gals to activate my account...  hopefully someone will pick this up soon.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry for the delay.
I've just activated the account on our end and you should be able to get online.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
steveny

Thanks Matthew, I will give it a go later when I am at home.
Regards, Steven
steveny

Just to confirm that it is working fine now, thanks to Matthew and pwatson for your prompt replies, advice and assistance.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it. Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team