Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, not connecting

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: New customer, not connecting

I'm not a member of CRT and not here in any official capacity but I am part of the provisioning team, been lurking for a while and decided to finally register.
If I see something that I can help with though I will lend a hand
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Darkfire

I'm not a member of CRT and not here in any official capacity

Then I would have to question how you have access to posters' personal details in order to send them a router... If you are here only as a customer, you should not have such access.
I have reported your posts to the moderators who will be able to check, no doubt.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

I do not have any access apart from that required as part of my role, I can send equipment to any customer that requires it Smiley
I'm sure the mods can check this though, I don't blame you for wanting to check Smiley
sdparkes666
Dabbler

Quote from: alanj
Quote from: Darkfire

I'm not a member of CRT and not here in any official capacity

Then I would have to question how you have access to posters' personal details in order to send them a router... If you are here only as a customer, you should not have such access.
I have reported your posts to the moderators who will be able to check, no doubt.

Well I for one am happy that Darkfire has gone above and beyond to help out..
I work for a large energy company, not in a customer support role, and frequently when I see a facebook or Twitter message with a complaint, dive in and help the customer out.
It's called caring  Wink
Again, thanks Darkfire..
Alanj, sometimes it's better to message people offline rather than do it in public, that way you get to find out what you need to know and it doesn't discredit others.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

FYI guys I've accredited Darkfire and changed his login type to "Plusnet Staff".
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: sdparkes666
It's called caring  Wink
Again, thanks Darkfire..
Alanj, sometimes it's better to message people offline rather than do it in public, that way you get to find out what you need to know and it doesn't discredit others.

Sending Darkfire a private message would have achieved nothing, as I am not able to verify whether he is a member of staff or not...
I was concerned that he may have been misleading customers - possibly wishing to discredit Plusnet by then not doing what had been promised. After all, there are some very unhappy, and some quite angry customers on here. I was simply trying to protect other forum users. That is also called caring.
Thankfully Matty has now resolved this particular issue. It would prevent such doubt and confusion arising again if Plusnet ensured that all staff using the forums to offer more than the help other customers can offer were accredited as Plusnet staff on the forum. That is called transparency  ;)- and I'm surprised it is not already company policy.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Apologies for bumping this thread whilst it's on it's way out, but we are actually working on a different accreditation process for having staff contributing on the forums.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet