cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer internet issues

rdavis86

New customer internet issues

Recently joined Plusnet and unfortunately my experience is not good so far.

Everything was great until this weekend where for some reason the hub switched back to a setup@plusdsl.net login which meant we had access and authentication issues. Being new to Plusnet it took my 3 days to figure this out, plus 4+ hours waiting on hold on the phone without actually speaking to anyone and no one responding on chat.

I thought I’d fixed the authentication issue but for some reason every 30 minutes the internet now drops out and then comes back. It’s beyond frustrating as I’m a gamer and every time it kicks me from the server.

If someone could provide any suggestions (i’ve Been through all the forums and tutorials because of the connection issues earlier) or if someone from Plusnet could check the line please?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: New customer internet issues

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing connection problems.

While it looks like you've fixed the authentication issues last night at around 10pm I've re-added your router details to the automatic setup(TR069) management system for good measure, so you shouldn't experience this issue again.

There do seem to be more drops than what we'd like to see since then though. Our tests are flagging a potential problem "Impairment in copper joint detected most likely close to customer premises. Please continue to submit a trouble report."

Line tests are showing a "Battery Contact" fault so I've reported this through to our suppliers and we've been given an estimated response time of by 07/11/18 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes. Let us know how things go over the next couple of days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rdavis86

Thanks for the reply.

An engineer did come out and explain that there were a few issues that needed correcting. After the visit the service was brilliant for about a week.

Unfortunately this week the same issue issue occurring and the internet continues to drop out sobetimes as much as 4 times an hour. It does immediately come back on but I expect a better service than that.

It’s frustrating when streaming and means it’s impossle for me to game as the servers keep kicking me when the internet drops. Are there any other issues?

I never expected to have so many issues 😢
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

I can see we've responded to you on Facebook regarding this.

We'll get the fault fixed as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team