cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer here. No broadband

middleofafield

New customer here. No broadband

Similar to a few here. But I'm a new customer. I had the notification today that my broadband is now active and is good to go. I don't have the new router yet, but we do have one from the previous tenant which is the current version. We plug in into the adsl socket and power it on. It goes; green, blue, amber, flashing amber and then solid amber with the red broadband lit.

To clarify, it goes into a BT adsl socket, so no micro filter needed.

As others have said, there appears no support at all. Any ideas or help? Or even help getting help! Is tech support down or just busy? All I get is; sorry, we cannot help right now. And then the line goes dead.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Michaeljg
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: New customer here. No broadband

Have you put your account details in via plusnet hub? Ip is probably 192.168.1.254, log in using admin details for the settings panel (on back/underside of router/hub if plusnet hub for admin details), then broadband abd put your username password in the internet part of broadband. Likely username@plusdsl.net where username is your account username. Just suggestions, you may have done it all already, but when you said previous persons router dunno if you've updated it for your account...
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I don't have the new router yet, but we do have one from the previous tenant which is the current version

A router from a different account will need configuring with YOUR plusnet username and password.

From your description of the lights it would appear you have a PlusNet Hub one router. In which case if you login to the router at http://192.168.1.254 click the Home tab and you should see the existing Username. ( you may need to enter the router password on the card on the back of the router ). You should then be able to change the username and password to your own account ( dont forget the @plusdsl.net after your accountname. Once changed you can click the 'connect' button and you hopefully should be connected.

HTH , post back with any problems and we'll try and help further

edit: looks like @Michaeljg  beat me to the reply

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

middleofafield

Many thanks for you advice. I'll try that when I get back from my 'essential' shopping trip.....

middleofafield

Thanks @Michael4 and @MisterW 

Not quite sure how I got it to work but thanks to you guys I did. I changed the username and password as you suggested and I got the blue light saying it was connected. Still no internet though. I did notice a separate BT WAN box was here at the property so I went via that (what is that for??). I then got the red light. I reset everything again and went back into admin to change username and password and Bang, it was up and running. 

So a huge thanks guys. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

did notice a separate BT WAN box was here at the property so I went via that (what is that for??). 

Not sure what it is you're referring to ? Can you take a photo and post it 

Glad you seem to have got something working though.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

middleofafield

20200401_173318.jpgSure. Here it is. When I first opened up a web page, I got a dialogue box telling me how to connect to PlusNet. I was given two options, one to connect via the adsl connection as I would expect, but another saying that I have an option to connect via WAN with an extra Openreach box and gave me a diagram of how to do this - which I did. I may very well not need this, but it's working now and I'm scared to change anything!

It was just a bit of a coincidence that the last people who lived here left the PlusNet box and this WAN box. That must have been for a reason.

What I do know is that we are connected via copper cable down a 500 meter lane to the road where it's fibre.