cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer having issues please advise

very452001
Grafter

Re: New customer having issues please advise

Strangely for the past week I had none of that authentication problem. This could mean 2 things:
A: My router has healed itself on the same firmware
B: The problem was at PlusNet side and now is fixed I assume
I did remember asking PlusNet some posts back asking them to do line tests on their side but they didn't which lead me to I assume that the fault with my router. So I bought a Brand new HH5 Type B but I am still using the TP link as its currently working without that authentication problem.
very452001
Grafter

I am being ignored because there are no replies. My contract is coming to end soon in a few weeks so if you want me to continue staying then please help otherwise I might consider moving somewhere else and if that is the case then it be a sad way to end this thread.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Are you raising tickets or PMs? 
In reply of 11/1 you said you don't. Have any problems! Nothing to reply to from my viewpoint !
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
very452001
Grafter

Haven't raised any tickets or PM's as I believe the problems can be sorted here as well. Another advantage on the forums here is viewers can read and learn including myself. In this whole thread there are things to be picked up and learnt. In fact this thread should become a sticky as I believe this thread has common problems facing loads of other PlusNet users.
Yes I said the authentication problem is gone however I like to know what caused it to go logically instead of believing it magically went away?
Also I still have one last problem and that is I get a few random disconnections per day. How do I diagnose whether its PlusNet problem or is it my TP-LINK TL-PA251 Powerline Adapters Version 1 plugged directly into the mains  that's causing the problem?
very452001
Grafter

Anyone know or can help?
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: very452001
How do I diagnose whether its PlusNet problem or is it my TP-LINK TL-PA251 Powerline Adapters Version 1 plugged directly into the mains  that's causing the problem?

You could try with the power line adapters disconnected for a period.  If that's not possible or convenient, then you would need to look at Noise Margin and error rates on your link, and see whether you can see a change when the power line adapters are removed for a short time, then reconnected.