cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer experiencing problems with broadband.

deranged
Dabbler

New customer experiencing problems with broadband.

Hi there,
Apologies if this is in the wrong place!
Anyway, I'm a new customer, broadband started Wednesday night. Set up seemed to go without issue however since then internet is being super slow, harking back to dial up - a speed test last night when I had the patience to wait for pages to load was 0.2 mbs.
I'm using the plusnet router which has the Power & Broadband buttons continuously lit and the Ethernet, Internet and WiFi lights regularly flash.
WiFi devices seem to have been picked up but won't work - for example Netflix via wireless blu ray player won't even load the info screens never mind stream anything. Same with Kindle HD.
I've read reference to system taking up to 10 days to stabilise but surely not at this level?
Any help much appreciated! 
3 REPLIES 3
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New customer experiencing problems with broadband.

Hi deranged,
Welcome to both the service as well as the community forum. I'm sorry to hear that you've seen issues with the speed after being activated with us. I've just run through a series of tests and faults diagnostics on the line and can see that there has been a fault flagged on the copper line which could be at your address.
The final result of the testing has requested that we raise this fault with BT on your behalf to get the issue resilved however it does seem that an engineer will be required and he would need access to your property so we'll need to book this for a time where either yourself or csomebody else can be present at your property to allow the engineer access.
I called your mobile earlier but there was no answer so if you could let me know 3 dates/times where you can be available I should be able to get this booked in for you today.
The available appointments are currently look like we have from 23/08/14 to the 28/08/14 available and we can either book an AM (9am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) time slot and the quicker you can provide us with times and dates, the more likely the appointments for tomorrow will remain available.
deranged
Dabbler

Adam,
Many thanks for the response - I see I have a missed call on my mobile though must have been with clients and out of my room.
Good to see there's an actual fault and it wasn't just me going mad!
I can certainly stay in tomorrow (23/08/2014) - the PM slot would be preferable (1.00 - 6.00) but if that's not available then certainly I'll make myself available for the morning slot.
If you need to speak with me then I will be available without distractions from around 1.30 p.m. today although I'll remain logged in on here til 5.00 tonight when I leave work!
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us.
I've responded to your direct message and the appointment has been booked for you.