cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer constant connection issues and lag online (never experienced with TalkTalk)

sambostrand

New customer constant connection issues and lag online (never experienced with TalkTalk)

I'm a new customer to Plusnet and have been using your service for two weeks now and ever since switching from TalkTalk i've had lag while online gaming as well as intermittent connection problems online especially in apps on my mobile phone.

I brought these issues up immediately after switching as I have never had them before and the team keep replying saying they see no issue on their end but it seems to me that it isn't just me having these problem... just browsing the community forums I see dozens of threads with the same issues I am facing!

No it is not my hardware and the line was completely fine for years with TalkTalk! At this point I do not know what to do and it definitely seems to me it is something on Plusnet's side that's causing all this trouble.

4 REPLIES 4
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: New customer constant connection issues and lag online (never experienced with TalkTalk)

Hi @sambostrand can I ask what games you're struggling with?

If you could restart your router for me please I've assigned a static IP to see if this helps matters, could you let us know please?

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New customer constant connection issues and lag online (never experienced with TalkTalk)

Hi sambostrand, after looking at your account and running some diagnostics I can definitely agree that we're not seeing any issues on our side. No doubt you will see others having similar sounding issues mentioned on here but it's worth remembering this is a support channel so you will see others reaching out for help, it doesn't necessarily mean the issues are linked though. 

I'd take that as a good thing as we can rule out a lot from it, I'm going to assume you connect over WiFi using the Hub One (do correct me if I'm wrong!) if so we really need to rule out WiFi next by trying a wired connection to the router to see if the same issues happen. 

If it does seem to be WiFi related, I'd definitely run through the checks here: https://goo.gl/BBd2Tu

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sambostrand

Hi,

Thanks for the swift reply. I did request for a static IP around a week ago to see if that would fix any issues and the problems have still persisted ever since, some days are worse than others.

As for games online, it's any online game to be honest, I get sever lag when trying to do any actions, again some days worse than others. As for mobile apps I am plagued with connection errors that follow a set pattern every few minutes, long connecting times then an error, click OK then it works fine again. I have noticed this on my PC also when loading web pages, sometimes they take longer to load or just cannot connect for a brief moment however speed tests show maximum speeds but the speed isnt the issue. Having been on fiber with TalkTalk for two years and never had these problems until I transferred my services to Plusnet two weeks ago.. you can imagine my frustration.

I have used both the router you have supplied as well as my own Netgear Nighthawk that I used with TalkTalk, both have the exact same problem wired or wireless. Hardware is not at fault, I can rule that out after diagnosing pretty much everything I can do on my end. 

The one thing I will mention is a few members from the technical team have noticed the intermittent drop outs and noise on the line and were supposed to be organizing an OpenReach engineer to check things out. Seems strange though how these problems started after switching and have remained ever since.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @sambostrand.

Its not usual when switching suppliers external faults can be highlight due to many different factors. Although your connection seems to have become stable at out side, dropping once with 72 hours and is no longer displaying any indication of a problem.

This however does not mean there isn't an external fault and at this point we would advise if you are still seeing drops at your side, or  reduction speed to respond to your fault ticket here, letting us know when you have done so and we can arrange an engineer to investigate this further.

We are really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team