Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, connected a day early?

copperpot26
Dabbler

New customer, connected a day early?

Hello
I'm a new customer moving to PN from eclipse (broardband only), the date for activation i was giving was 14-01-14, however today i get a text & email saying " Your broadband service has been activated and is ready to use" great a day early but is it?
After looking at my account on eclipse i am still connected to eclipse & using data from there. Is it normal for PN to sent out text & emails a day early?
Also my understanding was on the day of activation the internet would drop when it switched over, correct me if i'm wrong  :).
Internet has been fine all day no dropouts.
If a member of staff could let me know if i'm connected or not, that would be great.
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
copperpot26
Dabbler

Re: New customer, connected a day early?

anybody?  i'm still connected & using data from eclipse so not sure why i was sented a text & email saying "service has been activated" when it has'nt.
Is the switch over still happening today as planned?
Thank you
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi
I think there can be an "overlap" period during an ISP change over where either ISP can be accessed.
Why not change the router login details to the PlusNet supplied ones & see if it works?
Richard
PS don't forget to advise Eclipse that you have left when the PN service is working to ensure that they stop billing you, rather than rely on BT wholesale to advise Eclipse.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your connection will continue unless Eclipse kick your circuit off, however from what I can tell everything has activated on our side. So if you update your router login details to the ones we sent you, you should connect up.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
copperpot26
Dabbler

Hi
Thanks for the replys RichardB & Chris, much appreciated.
Yeah ok i will update router login details to see if it works. Thanks again.
copperpot26
Dabbler

UPDATE: router login details worked fine & now connected to PN  Smiley
Worrying over nothing Wink
Thanks for the help, much appreciated
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Don't forget about Eclipse...you don't want to be billed twice.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
copperpot26
Dabbler

Hi Strat
Yeah already rang eclipse to let them know, they said they can see the MAC code has been used & said after i had final bill i should cancel the direct debit.
Cheers.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Good to know Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine