cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, can't get online, authentication failed.

sammasson

New customer, can't get online, authentication failed.

Hello,
After a drawn out and problematic start with Plusnet I finally had the new socket and fibre modem installed by Kelly (Openreach) on Friday evening. Since then I have been trying to connect to the internet without success, I am currently tethered to my mobile phone.
On starting a web browser I am redirected to the router's own web page where I log in using the details on the card provided. I then attempt to connect to the internet using my username@plusdsl.net and account password. After a few seconds the webpage tells me authentication has failed. Am I doing anything wrong?
The DSL light is solid green, the broadband light is solid green and the internet light shows red while trying to connect the is off after it fails.
Sam
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: New customer, can't get online, authentication failed.

It's possible Plusnet have yet to be informed that the order is complete so the connection has yet to be activated. I suggest giving the CSC a ring to check. (0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200).
Even if they haven't been notified Plusnet can activate the line on request. However even though the service might not work billing will commence as soon as this is done; you would have to accept that risk. Also until the order completes Plusnet wouldn't be able to raise a fault.
David
sammasson

Hi Spraxyt,
Thanks for your reply. I'll give them a call, although I did have a bit of a falling out on the phone with them about their service in general after the installation so they know it's ready to go.
Cheers
Sam
sammasson

Just an update in case anyone has this problem in future - Spraxyt was right, PN weren't aware the work had been done. Apparently the connection is automatically made on receipt of the installation tech's report. As it was last thing on a Friday of a bank holiday weekend I guess the tech had other things on his mind. All sorted, finally!
Sam
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Glad to hear your call was successful. Smiley
David