cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer/broadband not activated

martinjfiler

New customer/broadband not activated

Hello,

Switched -> BT to PlusNet. I was due to receive broadband by midnight of 11th. I've received no confirmation other than of that date, but broadband is still not active some three days later.

I've checked my account and the Broadband icon has a blue tick, but not active. But my phoneline is active.

Over a week ago my router was notified as sent in the post first class, but it has still not been received.

Please can someone help me with regards to these issues.

Thanks

M

4 REPLIES 4
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: New customer/broadband not activated

Hi @martinjfiler 

I have checked your account and can confirm that all orders have completed. 

I'm extremely sorry that you have not received your router yet, I can see that it was indeed dispatched last week, have you had any "Sorry we missed you" cards from the Royal Mail?  

Regardless of if you have or not, i have arranged for a new router to be dispatched via Royal Mail 1st class post. 

Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown whilst we have been working on this issue. 

Thanks, 

Alisdair 

martinjfiler

Thanks very much, the router I understand was post box friendly, and mine is fairly large. But I will double check.

Thanks for your help, I've received my broadband activation email.

Kind regards,

M

martinjfiler

Hello, so I got home last night and broadband wasn't working. The current hub I have which was a BT infinity contract home hub - was either Orange (including logo light), or restarting every so often, and continued to do so through the night. SO something has changed, and I was wondering whether there seems to be a problem or not with the connection. I believe my account, thinks it's now fully active, but this is not the case.

M

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I've just checked your account and tested your line and we're not seeing any obvious issues. Can you give the checks here a try please? https://goo.gl/tu2WWu I'd hang fire from taking things any further (i.e such as reporting a fault) until our router has turned up and youv'e had a chance to try that out. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team