cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer,and.can't connect

ibashedurx

New customer,and.can't connect

Had my modem installed today ( ordered extension cable and was not installed)
No appointment sent to Me ( didn't even know open reach was coming)
Engineer was so impolite when my little brother asked where the extension was. Engineer replied that he only got to put socket it that's it.
This gut was a proper cowboy.
Now main problem is that this was installed at 12.30 today and even thought all the lights are on green , I can not connect to the internet.
Been on hold to customer service 7 times today and after 16 minutes on hold I get cut off.
This is not what I signed up for.
if I'm not switched on in next hour then plunder can keep there broadband as this is just a joke.
I mean plusNet never even sent Me an appointment and it was only because my brother wasn't at work today ( I myself was at work ) that the engineer was able to part instal modem which has just been left on the floor upstairs on the landing.
O2 keep texting me asking me to come back and have 12 months free.
No connection in an hour then I'm canceling and I will cancel through CAB as your just not answering the Phone. 
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: New customer,and.can't connect

welcome to the forums ibashedurx, there is a problem with broadband connectivity at the moment which could be the cause of your issue.
I would say call them, but I suspect call volumes will be high as you seem to suggest.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ibashedurx

My big brother is also on plusNet ( killswitch73)  and his internet is fine.
even when I tried signing up over the phone 8 days ago I couldn't get through and kept getting disconnected.
I need connection today.
You call but that's what I have been doing all day.. And after 16 minutes I get disconnected.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you're already online then you should be ok to keep browsing and using your connection. If you disconnect for any reason or are trying to start a new connection, then that's when you will have problems.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pengbo
Grafter

ahh ok thanks for the info Chris.  Router do NOT let me down now  Cheesy
ibashedurx

Quote from: Chris
If you're already online then you should be ok to keep browsing and using your connection. If you disconnect for any reason or are trying to start a new connection, then that's when you will have problems.

You have lost me,I,can't connect full stop !!!!
I'm going back to o2..
I never had any issues with o2 for the 4 years iv been with them. I then change to minus-net and cant even get online.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Really sorry to hear that, unfortunately every provider has problems from time to time and we're doing everything we can to get you back online.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ibashedurx
I just thought I'd do a quick check, I can see you've been online since around 21:00 on Friday evening. Let me know if there's any further issues.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team