cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer activation dates question,

BST
Grafter

New customer activation dates question,

Hi, i have recently applied for Plusnet fibre and telephone service, (switching over from Sky)
My first text about my order said " your simultaneous phone and fibre order has been appointed for 05/08/2014 between 1PM and 6PM"
My second text said "Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 31/07/2014, please dont set up your router until we confirm your service is active"
It also says in my online account "Activating your line
Your broadband order should complete on 31st Jul 2014 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.
I am just a little confused about these dates, does this mean that my fibre broadband will be active on the 31/07/2014 and my telephone will be completed on the 05/08/2014?
Will an engineer be calling at my house on any of the two dates or should it just be a case of switching my sky router for the router i will be using for Plusnet once you confirm my service is active?
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: New customer activation dates question,

Hi BST,
Really sorry for the confusion here, I'll find out what happened there. Your line is due to be taken over by us and that's due to complete on 05/08/2014. The FTTC side of things is due to be installed in the afternoon on 05/08/2014. We select the afternoon option to give the phone line side of things time to become active before the FTTC installation.
An engineer will attend between 1pm-6pm to complete the installation. You've not opted for a fibre router, I assume you already have one?
BST
Grafter

Hi Chris and thanks for the quick reply  Smiley
Yes i have the Asus RT N66U.
So no activation on the 31st of this month then it will all happen on the 5th of August as per my first text.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
That's right, 05/08/2014.
BST
Grafter

Thanks for the confirmation Smiley
I hope my fibre is as fast as the support  Grin
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Me too! Cheesy
BST
Grafter

More confusion.
Yesterday i noticed on my account that my fibre bb was due to be activated for today?
This morning i received an email saying that
Your broadband service is nearly ready. A BT engineer will be visiting your home to install Plusnet Fibre today. Please don't set up your router until the engineer has visited as you won't be able to get online until then.

I have been reading on the Thinkbroadband forums from Plusnet customers and they say that as it is fibre to fibre migration then no engineer will call as there is no need for them as the openreach modem is already installed, although i may need to call Plusnet for them to activate at thier end?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for the confusion, I'll find out why you've received these notifications!
No engineer is required to attend, I can confirm that this is the case, the necessary external work is due to be carried out on 05/08/2014, you should be up and running with us by the end of that day. You shouldn't need to call us to activate anything as everything account wise is ready for when the engineer has carried out the external work.
BST
Grafter

Thanks Chris, this is a screenshot from my account order tracker.
I have noticed posts from Plusnet customers saying that fibre has been activated in advance of the telephone line switchover.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem.
Looks as though something from one of the updates we receive from our suppliers given our systems incorrect information 😕 The order is definitely scheduled to complete on 05/08/2014 though.
BST
Grafter

Thanks again Chris