Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer. Slow speeds.

Sparksxd
Dabbler

New customer. Slow speeds.

Hi. I've just recently signed up to Plusnet and it seems my connection is at

Any reason why?
Update: Okay well it seems that after restarting my connection (and guessing new ip), my connection speed has gone back to..

Checked the router log as well and noticed alot of "Firewall" errors on there. Guessing someone was ddos'ing me?
"FIREWALL replay check (1 of 2): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: (ip here) Dst ip: (my ip) Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Host Unreacheable"
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: New customer. Slow speeds.

Instances of that firewall log message are not uncommon, and just reflect the firewall doing its job. They shouldn't be causing slow speeds.
The speedtest result on its own provides insufficient information to determine the source of the problem. It could be gateway related, or noise on the line that caused a low sync speed, or possibly taking time to recover from the problems caused by the faulty router.
Do you have a record of the previous router stats when you had the low speeds? For the TG582n these are given here. Also what value is given for Current line speed in the Member Centre here.
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: New customer. Slow speeds.

Hi Sparksxd,
I've checked over your connection and cannot see anything amiss, how is your connection at the moment?