cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, Red Internet light

kalahme

New customer, Red Internet light

My activation date was today but I got a text yesterday telling me my broadband order was successful. Regardless of whether it went live yesterday or today, its not working. Internet light is red and won't change.  Ive entered my 'username@plusdsl.net' with the correct password to no avail. 

I understand it could take till midnight but if it doesn't work tonight, I'll have to wait till tomorrow for help.

4 REPLIES 4
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: New customer, Red Internet light

Hi 

Just to check, are you on copper ADSL, and which modem do you have? (Hub 1, 2704n or 582n)

If its the plusnet supplied one then you could try doing a factory reset on it to force it to the default username and password.

Main thing first is to get the lights into green so there is a broadband sync connection that the router can connect on.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/ might be of help as tells you which light means what, as you can see the different routers have lights meaning different things so if you can let us know the model might help diagnose.

kalahme

Its copper ADSL and a 2704n modem. Ive reset it, waited about 15 minutes and now the internet light is now blank.

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

What about the other lights? Power & broadband both green?
kalahme

Yes they are both green.

Plus net customer service said there was something wrong with the copper line, an engineer arrived and determined this was not the case. He spoke with plus net who apparently said they would send out an engineer or have it fixed by Monday. Alas, its monday and nothing has been resolved.