Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer: Broadband drops when phone is in use

lrutherford19
Hooked

New customer: Broadband drops when phone is in use

Hi,

I am new to plusnet. Recently found that when the phone is in use the broadband drops (light on router goes orange).

I have the double BT socket so have phone plugged into the phone socket and router into the second connection with no filter as per the setup instructions.

Any suggestions? Is this a faulty line, or should I use the ADSL filter?

My previous provider was BT.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: New customer: Broadband drops when phone is in use

The setup should be the same as you used when with BT , if you used a filter then continue to use it.

If not then you would seem to have developed a fault.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New customer: Broadband drops when phone is in use

Hi there, welcome to the community forums firstly.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. If you've a double socket then you wouldn't need to use a microfilter. As MisterW has advised, a fault appears to have developed and my tests aren't identifying the cause of this.

I'd recommend testing your router from the test socket using a microfilter, as explained here and if you continue to have problems then to finish raising the fault you've started here so we can investigate this further.

Please let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet