Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection - techicoulor lost sync.

cobcottageonlin
Grafter
Fixes: 1

New connection - techicoulor lost sync.

Hi - I see there have been some b'band connect issues:-
https://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial
We've been connected for 24hours and our technicolour router just lost sync.  I haven't tried manually connecting (will do when we get back home).
Is this a known technicolour problem or a network issue?
Should I "report a broadband fault"?  Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: New connection - techicoulor lost sync.

That fault was fixed and shouldn't now be causing loss of service/disconnection. Nor should the Technicolor router be dropping the connection of its own accord.
With a new connection the line will be going through a 10 day training period and hopefully this drop was caused by the DLM changing some settings based on measured line performance. Normally the router should re-sync and re-connect to Plusnet automatically. Only if that doesn't happen would you need to try manual connection.
Assuming connection is re-established I wouldn't think there's any need to report a fault unless this becomes a frequent occurrence.
David
cobcottageonlin
Grafter

Thanks spraxt.  My neighbour (with the new connection) said they couldn't send email today -which I thought was an SMTP issue (not surprising when you change ISPs!)  but that must have been a red-herring.
Rang tech support (bit busy) and they said the line has been dropping all day so I'll be back tomorrow to do the full diagnostics... So its either the line, master socket, filter, phone cable or router.  I wonder which it will be?  (IP profile seems fine for where they live).  Never known a router to fail from new (its a Technicolour delivered OCTOBER 2012)
I should have realised there was a problem at installation - the broadband and internet lights were never stable.
EDIT. done the diagnostics.  Our neighbour has extension sockets but no master socket that I could find (just an oval junction box where the line comes into the house).
Here's the router stats.
BAD stats on the left GOOD on the right
Atten and S/N margin don't look that bad (do they?)  Lots of errors though.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi obcottageonline,
Are the stats from your neighbors connection?
There's certainly a big difference in the stats you have posted.
cobcottageonlin
Grafter

Hi - yes that stats on the left are from our neighbours (well, half a mile away) new Plusnet connection.  I don't think the Atten and S/N margins are THAT different from ours but they're getting tons of errors.
Tech support has switched interleaving on.  Is this a good plan?  Thanks for your time. I will PM you my neigbours details and you will see what is being done. cheers.