cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection help

rgraham
Dabbler

New connection help

My fibre modem was installed this morning but I'm unable to connect to the internet ( authentication failure ). How long does it normally take to connect once the modem is connected?.
11 REPLIES 11
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: New connection help

Hi there,
I've manually activated your account, try connecting again and see how you get on.
rgraham
Dabbler

Thanks for doing that.
I now get a bt wholesale page giving a service information message.
rgraham
Dabbler

Working now. Thanks for the help. When I originally ordered it I asked for the fibre extension. Wanted it located in another room. The outreach engineer told me they don't do that. Can someone advise who should install the extension? I thought it was all part of the install.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad that's working for you, I can see you've requested the data extension cable and the engineer should have done this for you.
Apologies for that, we'll feed this back.
We'll need to arrange to get an engineer to sort this for you, what's your availability liek over the next few days?
rgraham
Dabbler

Wont know when I can arrange some more time off till I go back in tomorrow.  My work are quite awkward with holidays. Smiley
Once I have some dates should I raise a support ticket or just repost here?

One other thing, everything seems to be working fine, but I notice my ping in games has doubled in most servers around 60-70 now.  Is this likely to come back down to the low 30's as before?
Regards
Roger.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You can create a ticket or let me know your availability.
Regarding your ping, it may fluctuate slightly just while it settles down, it may be worth creating a ping graph and you'll be able to monitor this. See this thread on how to..
Flapdoodle

Same question. Modem was installed this morning and it's not connecting. Same error. The auto config appears to have worked. Wife is going to go ballistic if it's not working tomorrow as she works from home! 🙂
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The Digital Care Team staff are unlikely to be here to pick this up until the morning but I suggest giving the CSC a ring and ask them to activate your service. They can do this even if the job is not shown as complete on BT's order system- though it aught to be. However you should note activating your service will cause billing to start (even if the service does not work) and a fault cannot be raised until the job has completed.
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Flapdoodle
I can see that you're now online, let us know if there's anything else.
rgraham
Dabbler

Looks like the earliest I can get time of work is going to be mid November.  I'm hoping it would still be a free install of the extension and not cost me anything, as the engineer was supposed to do it as part of the install.
Should I raise a support ticket?  Or Is mid November too long away to get the engineer to do it as part of the install? 
Unfortunately it is difficult at this time of year for me to arrange time off.
If it would now cost me for the install I would probably just leave it.
Regards
Roger.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you raise a support ticket and give us a nudge on here we'll get that arranged for you in November. There'll be no charge for you on this.