cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband/phone account and line speed estimate

Roblister
Grafter

New broadband/phone account and line speed estimate

I ordered a broadband/phone account from PN two weeks ago.  I am changing over from ADSL24 using a TalkTalk LLU.  At the time I placed the order to PlusNet I was having problems with the line.  Lots of crackling on the line and very poor speeds at times.  To cut a long story short, the fault was in the exchange and was cured last Monday.  The line has been great since and I am getting a constant 8Meg download speed now which is what I had until the fault developed about 4 weeks ago.  The estimate that PlusNet has given me is 5Meg which is a good bit lower.  I suspect this might be due to them testing the line during it's faulty period and may have given a false impression of the line quality. 
Postcode:
Phone exchange:
ULVERSTON
Estimated line speed:
5Mb (This may vary between 4Mb and 8Mb) - Checked on 2013-08-19 12:23:20
Current line speed:
Not set
Will the line be re-checked before it goes live or can I get another check done.  I would hate to have the thing setup and restricted due to a bad reading.
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: New broadband/phone account and line speed estimate

It won't be restricted.  The estimated speed comes from a BT Wholesale database but it is just an estimate, your line will connect a the highest speed it can keep a stable connection.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Roblister
Grafter

Thank's for that.  In theory I should get similar to what I have now then.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Speeds can vary between LLU and non-LLU connections but there's shouldn't be too much difference hopefully.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team