Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband order delayed/cancelled

markb5000
Grafter

New broadband order delayed/cancelled

Hello,
I placed a broadband (adsl) and phone order yesterday (12/10/15) with plusnet. I'm moving from BT because its too expensive and i want the upload boost which i'm told plusnet provide at request.
Anyway my order went through fine but this morning i received a message that my order had been delayed and upon checking i have 2 tickets at help.plus.net One of these said "Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved.", i was very worried about this so i got on to live help who told me the order automation had failed and he proceeded to put in a new simultaneous order with a new live date of 28th.
Well i'm not entirely sure what a simultaneous order is which is why im posting here. What does it mean please? I googled it but it didnt make a whole lot of sense to me :S. I just want to make sure my order is going ahead as planned as i've been given a date of 26th (now changed to 28th) and i dont want to end up with no service.
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: New broadband order delayed/cancelled

Basically it means we'll take your broadband and phone over on the same day rather then on different days.
In the past we used to transfer broadband over first then the phone.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Regarding increased upstream speeds unless your exchange as shown here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ states "BT have advised that this exchange is enabled for WBC on 21CN" you won't get an increase above 448kbps
markb5000
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
Basically it means we'll take your broadband and phone over on the same day rather then on different days.
In the past we used to transfer broadband over first then the phone.

Thanks for clarifying Matthew
Quote from: Oldjim
Regarding increased upstream speeds unless your exchange as shown here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ states "BT have advised that this exchange is enabled for WBC on 21CN" you won't get an increase above 448kbps

Jim my exchange is MAX enabled but not 21CN i was under the impression i could get up to 832kb/s with the max premium* add-on? Its no big deal if i cant as the savings are the main reason i changed from BT but it would be a nice bonus to have that little extra upload even if its just a minute amount.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You can but it costs £7.83 per month https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20
markb5000
Grafter

Thanks Jim, thats what i thought. I'll wait until my order completes and everything is stable before putting in the order for premium but its good to know its there.
BT dont even give you the option of this, even business customers have to pay extra so just another reason for me to move here :-).
dick:quote
markb5000
Grafter

So i just had another message about my order being delayed this is the 3rd one now what gives?
There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.
We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.
[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved.

Do i need to contact someone or will this resolve itself? Still hopeful i will get broadband switched for end of the month  Roll_eyes
markb5000
Grafter

Still no updates on my broadband delay and i've tried contacting plusnet help but in queue for over an hour so i gave up.
Can anyone help please?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just having a look for you now.
[EDIT]
It looks like the cancellation message you received was related to the original orders we placed that failed.
The new ones are still going through fine for the 28th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
markb5000
Grafter

Thanks Matthew. Thats great news.
markb5000
Grafter

So 28th is here, phone switched over this morning received text message, but broadband hasnt activated and we've been without internet all day. Will wait for tomorrow before calling to give them chance but just thought I'd update here to see if it can be sped up. Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just activated the broadband side of things.
Can you try and get online now?
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
markb5000
Grafter

Thanks again Matthew. We are up and running now  Smiley