cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband customer - received message of pending 'cease' on line?

heymishy
Dabbler

New broadband customer - received message of pending 'cease' on line?

Hi, I had a good search both on the forums and googling but couldnt turn up any answers. I also was on hold with support for 20 mins earlier and couldnt get through so gave up.
I recently moved to a new flat and ordered (two days ago) the broadband unlimited service. Yesterday i received a txt message saying there was a 'pending cease on my telephone line due to happen on 29/11' and to contact my current provider to remove it.
Now as I am a new tenant, I tracked down my landlord and discovered the previous service was BT and contacted them to remove the 'cease'. BT informed me that Plusnet would arrange everything for me and there was nothing they (BT) could do.
Now I am confused? Do I need to do anything? I dont want to delay the process which is already scheduled to leave me without internet for 3-4 weeks!
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New broadband customer - received message of pending 'cease' on line?

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about this, as the service is in the course of migration to us we're unable to cancel the cease I'm afraid, however BT should be able to, I would advise persisting in chasing that with them if you can.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

Presumably the 'cease' is as a result of the previous tenant cancelling the service when they moved out. In that case, I would have thought that only they could cancel it. Since the line can only have one active 'order' on it , PN can't even start the transfer. My guess, I'm afraid, is that there's nothing anyone can do about it, other than let the cease complete, then PN can restart the stopped line and then order the Broadband.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gnicholson8
Grafter

What MisterW said.. it sounds more than likely I am afraid 😕 However I find it weird the previous tenant let the line roll over and didn't have it cancelled before he moved 😕
heymishy
Dabbler

That is very strange. the woman on the phone from BT was adamant that there was nothing BT could possibly do.
I guess I'll have to try again.
What is the impact of letting the cease go ahead? Its scheduled for Friday 29/11 does that mean my 2-3 week estimated wait for instalattion wont begin until at best Monday?
Thats not a good result.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: heymishy
What is the impact of letting the cease go ahead? Its scheduled for Friday 29/11 does that mean my 2-3 week estimated wait for instalattion wont begin until at best Monday?
Thats not a good result.

Sadly it all depends on just how 'switched on' and co-operative the local BT area is.  Sad
To be more optimistic, I was faced with a similar problem a few years back.   Info from Plusnet suggested there could be a few days between the cease and the re-activate, but in practice it was all completed on the nominated 'cease' day.    Line switched on AND broadband activated ==  Happy Bunny, so it can happen!     I hope it goes well for you too.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.