cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband customer can't connect to internet.

frank9755

New broadband customer can't connect to internet.

New broadband customer can't connect to internet.  My broadband username is [Removed]

Problem is not to do with microfilters, my equipment, etc as that was all working with previous provider (TalkTalk) yesterday.  Have swapped out old router and put in plusnet one. Lights come on but there is no connectivity.  Appears to me as if a switch needs to be flicked at your end. 

Please can you fix?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: New broadband customer can't connect to internet.

I have ran a test on your line and the line is syncing fine. I can see that the login details inside the router are incorrect, but that is a simple fix that you can do from your side.

On a device connected to your router, please open a web browser and follow these steps;

1) Type in the address bar - http://192.168.1.254 - This should load up a router administration page.

2) Click on settings, this will prompt you to enter the admin password which is on the back of your router. It will say "Router password" next to it. This is case sensitive, so please make sure if it's in capital letters that you type in capital letters.

3) Once this loads, select broadband under settings. If it says that you are connected to the Internet, please click disconnect. Then type in your username and password as below;

Username: yourusername@plusdsl.net
   Password: Your account password

4) After this click connect and you should be up and running online

If you have any further issues please feel free to get back in touch