cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User, Bitterly Disappointed

godsell4
Rising Star

Re: New User, Bitterly Disappointed

another PRO user with slows speeds ... 2 people does not make an epidemic and could be unrelated ... http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81279.0.html
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it could be the general very slow traffic last night, mine was down from 6000 to as low as 2000 for a long time last evening,  most unusual for my line
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@pugs
Any update on the queries in reply #10?
Forget which package you are on etc, you have a problem affecting your connection with the exchange we need to solve, this is not to do with PN's network.
Pugs
Grafter

Many thanks for all replies. TO answer the points raised in post 10 and to give more info:-
Not a gamer so I guess I can forget interleaving switch off
My PC is connected to a BT line box as shown.Plugged in is the microfilter (no means to identify) into which the printer/fax  is connected. The router is a Thomson 565v7. Previously used a gas powered D-Link 604 when with ADSL24.
Update re speed. Download speed now seems to be stable at 2.9Mb. No longer an unhappy bunny!
Cheers
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just jumping in here - but try double filtering the printer/fax
That is
BT socket
Filter 1 - router and filter 2 attached
Filter 2 - printer/fax attached
Pugs
Grafter

Double filtering reduced download speed to 2.36MBps. I thought ping was worse at89ms as its usually 36ms but testing with one fileter and no fax connected it was104ms. Maybe thats to do with the time of day?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Double filtering connected as Jim described will not affect broadband performance (filters do not filter the ADSL unless you connect to them incorrectly - the modem/router connection is directly to the line).
Unfortunately, the figures you quoted can vary at any time, but especially so at a busy time with some of the network problems lately - there's also been some maintenance work today which may have had some impact at certain times.