cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Spam/Mail Updates doesnt help businesses much...

Adam1V
Grafter

New Spam/Mail Updates doesnt help businesses much...

I have a number of force9 accounts myself, business, personal and through friends. I think the service is certainly getting better, and i am indeed very happy with f9.
How ever, i dont feel that the spam features have benifited businesses that much. Heres my point of view, as im sure most other businesses collect there email on a similar setup, a catch all single address:
1, Delete Spam automatically - as a business we couldnt possibly do this.
2, Mailbox summary - nice idea, but as we only have one catchall which is collected my excahnge (like alot of businesses) its not much use.
4, Rename Default Mailbox - again, as we only have one catchall its no use (i dont think?)
5, Renaming Postmaster Address - no use to myself.
6, spam Button in webmail - good idea, but i use IMAP to view the spam if someone thinks an email has been trapped. 
We definatly need a white list and black list domain Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
Mand
Grafter

Re: New Spam/Mail Updates doesnt help businesses much...

Hi there,
Are the spam emails coming to a particular address? Or are they widespread?
If your force9.co.uk address is the one most heavily affected we can turn this off, leaving your domains only, would this be practical?
Adam1V
Grafter

The spam is aimed at actual users, i.e joe.bloggs
There isnt an actual mailbox setup for joe.mailbox since anything sent to @bridgesltd.co.uk is automatically collected by exchange using a catch all.
Does the above catch all for bridgesltd.co.uk differ from the force9.co.uk address?
There doesnt appear to be any catch all settings aimed towards my purchased domain.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi there,
Both your domain and the force9.co.uk address point to the same physical catch-all mailbox.
What email addresses do your employees use though? The domain, or the Force9 address?
You can literally turn off the force9.co.uk addresses so only mail addressed to your domain will get through. You would need to raise a ticket to have this done.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵