cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router Recommendation

jonwilkie

New Router Recommendation

HELLO EVERYONE   Smiley  Im after a new router reccomendation.  Im with plusnet for 2 months and have their stock router.  I live in a poor service area only 2.5 download and as an online gamer ps4 and netflix user I need every kbps I can get.  So im looking at buying my own router and I am after reccomendations.  I dont need over technical jargon answers (you dont need to show me your brains) just a router that works really well with plusnet, can process quicker than their stock router and is generally better with decent wifispread.  I think I have a technicolor 582.  Ive been recoomended netgear but theres about 5billion models
Many thanks in advance people
jim:red all caps in title changed as per Forum Rule mod:end
4 REPLIES 4
jonwilkie

Re: New Router Recommendation

surely someone has a reccomendation?
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

For a long line there is nothing wrong with the tg582 you have already;(it uses a broadcom chip and these are good on long lines).
The wireless is less good on these modem/routers.
What is your budget?
Are you due fibre in the next couple of years?
My suggestion would be to buy an ASUS (rt66n) cable router and use it as an access point (then if you upgrade to fibre at a later date you can then use it in router mode), but that may not suit your setup.
Ian
gingerbloke
Grafter

I support many businesses that run on rural broadband, the only modem I use is Billion7800N. As well as some features that suit longer/noisy lines, it has some tuning parameters that stay with the modem when it's rebooted.
It also has excellent WiFi range/speed.
dratddestroyer
Grafter

I second Gingerbloke. 7800N is a good router. And it is fibre compatible  when BT enable your area.